Wednesday, July 24, 2013

DIY Felt & Wooden Dowel Flowers

My kids love doing crafty things.  I love crafty things.  Sometimes we actually love doing them on the same day too! 

I always seem to have ideas floating around in my head for what to do with the kids each day, craft specific mainly.  Either I don't find/make the time, or the kids are not interested or in the mood for crafts. 

One day though, everything worked out perfectly and we all crafted together :)  I had been wanting flowers for our yard and garden for quite some time, and back in May I decided just to make some fake flowers to bring color into our yard without spending the big bucks.

Here is what we came up with:


Here's Devlin showing off his work :)


We did several variations of flowers.  I really liked how the yellow ones turned out.


Here's a pretty purple flower; different angle.


Devlin playing with his new creation :)  He loved the whole project!

I cut out all of the felt to make several different flower variations, then I cut out yellow pieces for the middle parts, and then green for the leaves. 

Hot glue was our friend in putting these together on the wooden dowels.  They have held up pretty well in our yard, through all sorts of weather (for about 3 months now). 

No comments:

Post a Comment